God calls us to be in His mission of reaching out to the world locally, nationally and internationally. Parkwood seeks to provide ways for all Parkwood members and guests to get involved in mission projects both as a congregation and as individuals.
Parkwood members participate in a wide variety of Mission projects throughout the year. Everyone is welcome to join us in these worthy endeavors. As you explore all the mission projects Parkwood is involved in, we hope that you will be inspired to start a personal mission project of your own.
Fall Yard Clean up: Help seniors or those in need prepare for winter by clearing away leaves and yard debris.
Hydraid Water Filters: Donations are used to purchase these filters, which provide clean water for people in need.
- Food drives
- Back to School Backpacks
- Pop Top Tabs – pop can and/or soup top tabs are collected and donated to Ronald McDonald House in Grand Rapids.
- Food collection for sack suppers for children in need
- Decorated lunch bags
- At Easter, “Hope Totes” filled with personal care items
- Serve meals at Mel Trotter
- First Saturday in May – Collect pledges for miles to be walked, then walk the streets of Grand Rapids with friends and fellow Parkwood members to fight world-wide hunger.
- Ditty bags – make toiletry bags for all branches of the military stationed abroad then fill with suggested items.
- Christmas Stockings – make Christmas stockings and fill them
- Skullcaps – knit or crochet for military men/women
- Make dresses either from pillowcases or with material yardage
- Knit or crochet kid’s sweaters per Guidepost instructions
- Knit or crochet Afghans, fleece blankets, and hand-made quilts for sick kids
- Make caps for babies